Alberta is undoubtedly one of the most breathtaking places on earth, as vast as it is varied in landscape and experiences. It’s a vacation destination your clients won’t soon forget, filled with unique activities urban charms and cultural jewels.
Located in Western Canada, the Province of Alberta is bordered by the Canadian Rocky Mountains to the west and vast prairies and badlands to the east. There are 5 National Parks and more than 250 Provincial Parks and recreation areas that protect the bounty of wildlife that lives here.
Destinations within Alberta are Calgary: a Chic urban landscape surrounded by incomparable natural grandeur. The capital is Edmonton and has the largest mall and entertainment complex in North America. Banff National Park is a 90 minute drive west of Calgary, and became Canada’s first national park in 1885 and also known for the famous Lake Louise.
Alberta is in Mountain Time Zone (GMT -7 hours)
Weather: Four seasons and winter temperatures can go to -13 F but won’t affect skiing or dog sledding. Summers range from the 60’s to mid 80’s but always have layers for those cool summer nights. Alberta also has 312 days of sunshine.
Top 10 Reasons to Visit Alberta – Even though there are way more than just 10!
1. High Customer Satisfaction Rating - Alberta consistently ranks as one of the top destinations for Agents and Tour Operators.
2. Ease of Accessibility - Edmonton and Calgary are accessible from more than 100 cities worldwide
3. Breathtaking Landscapes - Alberta’s unique landscapes and varied terrain offer an array of vivid colors
4. Five UNESCO World Heritage Sites - From north to south, east to west, our UNESCO World Heritage Sites offer experiences for every traveler. From the magnificent Canadian Rocky Mountains in Banff and Jasper National Park, to the history of our First Nation’s communities at Head-Smashed-In-Buffalo Jump, to the startling landscapes and dinosaur bone beds at Dinosaur Provincial Park. In the north where herds of wildlife roam in a dark sky preserve at Wood Buffalo National Park and to the south, where a celebrated Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park is waiting to be explored.
5. Arts & Culture - Alberta’s international gateway cities of Edmonton and Calgary are vibrant centers for the arts, culture, shopping and dining. Both our cities have been designated with the prestigious ‘Cultural Capital of Canada.’
6. Alberta Hospitality - The warmth and genuine hospitality are the hallmarks that make every visit to here, a success.
7. Festivals - Our love of the outdoors is equaled only by our love of a good gathering, which means plenty of outdoor festivals and special events throughout the year.
8. Wildlife - Alberta is home to our iconic Canadian wildlife. The province’s 587 species includes mountain goats, big horn sheep, deer, elk and moose, to beautiful bears.
9. Year-Round Destination - Alberta receives the most sunshine of any province in Canada and under blue bird skies, our experiences are endless, from winter to summer, spring to fall.
10. Freedom to Explore - People travel to enrich their lives and to grow. Alberta offers amazing, authentic adventures for all ages.
Time spent here will truly create memories that last a life time.